Sunday, August 31, 2008

Live from Sumrall Mississippi!

It has begun. We have the outer ring of clouds from Gustav over the house. Still a few hours before we see the real stuff so I have enough time to head outside and prep the outside of the house. Trash cans in, hanging plants down, ferns in, dish TV removed ???(still debating on that one) I'd probably never re-establish the correct azimuth if I did. First order of business would be to correctly define and probably spell azimuth. Anywho.....a few things that I think will happen: 1) we will lose power, 2) did I mention that we will lose power, 3) we will have enough food and supplies to last a few days and we will work our way through them (I made sure to buy emergency cookies....uh for the kids of course) 4) if we have any winds that approximate three years ago we will not be back to wok within a week and a half. If this happens, I will be driving Aimee and the kids out of here. IF it is like las time we will end up spending much of our time digging people's homes out from under all the downed trees. I wish I had taken pictures. It was truly mind boggling just how many trees were down. A fella I work with had over 30 on his house and another 45 down in his yard......it was a sight. I pray we will not see anything near that level of damage. Well, I have to jump over to the National Hurricane Center for the update, then head outside to sure up the rest of the house. More later as we will blog until the cell phone towers go out.

No comments: