Saturday, October 18, 2008

SAFE!!!!!!!


I do think that their is a time and place for just about everything. For example, the first time you attempt a Head-First "Pete Rose" slide, you should locate your attempt on a well-maintained baseball diamond......NOT a church playground climbing apparatus. We were attending our annual FALL festival at church a week or so ago and Jack was enjoying himself on the playground. In his diligence to climb back to the top of the slide faster than Optimus Prime would be able to do, he dove head-first into the corner of a step. He got up, cried out and walked over to Aimee and me. It all looked to be ok until the hematoma started forming and blood started spewing (too graphic...sorry), I mean niagra river flowing like he ruptured a main under the city of Atlanta with its antiquated plumbing system close-down Peachtree street for a week spewing (better?). I got the bleeding stopped with a baby wipe and the golf ball size hematoma was iced down with a first-aid cold pack. All pain and hurt was quickly nullified with a raspberry icy-pop and we were sitting back at the playground in no time at all. Jack was finishing his icy-pop and sitting in my lap when, being the concussion "expert", I decided to give Jack the once-over. Kids having a great time all around us, hollering and screaming with glee, I asked Jack to count my fingers (I held up three). He looks me in the eye and goes, "Three dad, can I go play now?" I'd call that cognitively intact. He then went around showing off the massive lump on his forehead.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: