Wednesday, December 10, 2008

He predicted it!


Jack and I went Christmas shopping the other day for all of his cousins. On the way out of the store we saw a UPS truck parked on the curb. Jack looked up at me and asked me if we could go over and get his package out of the truck. It took a few minutes, and finally a stern look, to convince Jack that the UPS man did not have a package for him. Since then, every time we hear a truck go down our street or see one in front of a store, Jack asks me if we can get his package. Each time I have to explain to him, again, that we are not expecting a package for him. Today Jack and I get home from our day to find a big brown box with his name on it (Maggie's too). He looks at me with the confidence and joy of super bowl champion who just claimed on national television that they are going to Disney Land and says....."my package". Thank you Summar family! Dr. Cliff you are dearly missed, but we know you are livening up the "great state" of Texas and Nebraska (depending upon the semester's schedule). You made Jack's day and we are now calling our dining room "tent city".
Posted by Picasa

No comments: